|The Fusion and Industry team is planning a series of 'Industry Surgeries' here at the Culham Science Centre in Oxfordshire. These will be themed, informal “open house” meetings where companies can meet with members of the Fusion and Industry team and other Culham staff.
Dan Mistry, UKAEA Fusion and Industry Manager
The Industry Surgeries will enable companies to:
- find out more about fusion and the potential business opportunities,
- discuss any technical issues experienced by companies wishing to compete for fusion contracts related to ITER, and
- brief companies on specific aspects of ITER such as procurement processes and plans, and forthcoming projects.
The format of the informal 'Industry Surgeries' is intended to be half-day (14.00 to 17.00) held on a regular basis.
A typical surgery is likely to feature an update on current and forthcoming opportunities in fusion, especially ITER, and cover the following:
- Introduction to Fusion (for companies who have registered since the last ITER event at Culham),
- how F4E procures ITER projects, and specific F4E procurement-related briefings, and
Over to you
- the UKAEA Culham fusion programmes: MAST and JET.
If you are interested in attending an Industry Surgery along the lines described above, please send me an e-mail